These Peanut butter and oatmeal cookies are a great treat for over 40s athletes – all healthy and natural. You can add protein powder ( I suggest vanilla) to your dough to increase the protein amount.
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1¼ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to mix together the peanut butter and brown sugar.
4. Stir in baking powder and old-fashioned oats.
5. Slowly start to pour in the almond milk.
6. Stir everything together until fully incorporated.
7. Using a tablespoon, spoon onto the baking sheet (12 on each sheet) and flatten out a little with a fork.
8. Bake cookies for 6-8 minutes, until lightly golden.
9. They will feel a little doughy still, but they will be just right after they cool.
Protein: 12 g
Carbs: 48 g
Fat: 18 g
Serving Size: 6 cookies